Sunday 9 February 2014

Post Production: Sound Effects

After the actual video footage had been edited it was then my job to add fitting sound effects, now at this point I had an interesting decision to make, I could either go with very satisfying high quality sound effects that were reflecting the action in the video, or I could go for a bit of that and some non-fitting jokey sound effects.

I decided to go with the latter more jokey sound effects as I thought it would make it more entertaining and give it a 'shock' effect that is required by the brief. I also think that it makes it a more professional piece and challenges my skills to see if I can pull it off which hopefully will reflect when it is being marked.

First of all I went to a brilliant website of royalty free sound effects that was very useful www.freesfx.com was a really great resource and I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a library of sound effects.














In these two screenshots you can see how I had to align the sound effect peak to match up with the action in the video clip. This takes a long time especially for 33 edits (in total) but it is a really fun activity and so satisfying when you match it up perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment