Tuesday 25 February 2014

New Brief!

We've just been set the new brief and its all about creating an iBook for the iPad. The general theme is wonders of the natural world. On first look I'm really excited to start with this project I have a huge passion for the natural world and I constantly watch David Attenborough's documentaries on nature and this has put me in a good knowledgeable position.

We got shown a list of subjects ranging from Storms to Mountains and we decided that the fairest way was to pick the subjects out of the hat. I instantly wanted Forests and luckily I got it! (thanks to Joe)

My first step to get the content going for this iBook is to collate a number of subjects and topics that I can carry out in depth research into each of them. One of the advantages of having a subject such as forests is that there is so much potential for information to be included in the iBook however that comes with the disadvantage that I have the task of choosing which information to include and which to not.

Here are a few topics that I am thinking about researching Forests (In Size)
  • Largest forest (in size)
  • Biggest variety of animals within one forest
  • How certain animals have evolved to survive more effectively
  • Different sections of a forest (ground, branches, canopy)
  • The extreme weather conditions that occur in rain forests (and record rainfalls)

All of this I will sort by Chapters, Sections and Pages which will dramatically increase the ease in which you can navigate the iBook.

Image Source: http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/g/green-amazon-forest_94329-1600x1200.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment