Tuesday 21 January 2014

Research Into Time Based Media

To get a good idea of how to further develop my idea I decided to do the first thing that comes to anyone mind that is seeking inspiration especially in design and that is Google it.

I Googled 'Fast Edit Film' and a few search results down I found this website:
http://listverse.com/2007/10/28/top-10-best-film-editing-sequences/

I'll be discussing some of the top 10 video edits that they have chosen and what I like/dislike about them and elements I could adapt into my final film.

First up: Cidade De Deux - City of God.


In this amazingly written and produced movie the clip you just watched above is the intro at the very beginning, the short sharp edits at the beginning of the clip with a sword being sharpened against a stone with just the brushing of metal against a rock sound and then cuts to black it is very profound and effective at instantly creating tension. I really like this cut to black for half a second I think it might be an effect I will use in my short film.

I also like how it shows two parallel stories at once, the first chicken that is taken and plucked and then put into a pot the chicken that escapes see's this and realises he is next and does what it must to survive, this maybe foreshadowing for the rest of the film where the main character the photographer boy does what he must to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment