Monday 29 September 2014

Generating Ideas

When looking on Designspiration.net for some inspiration into ideas for a story line for my animation I came across an image that really helped.

In this image labelled Mr. Helium a man with balloons as a head a child looks as if he has just acquired one from him and is very excited about it. My possible story idea comes from this image which really helped my previous struggle to generate an idea that would of been possible with my current skills in animation. 

Idea 1
The animation starts with a child holding his pocket money that he's worked so hard for, he sees a balloon stand and immediately wants one. He runs over with excitement and hands the seller his coin and picks a balloon. (I really want to focus on the up close facial expressions to give a sense of emotion). As he walks away smug with the balloon the balloon awakens and gives the impression it is now 'free' or 'alive'. I haven't thought any further into the story line as of yet however I'm planning to do more research before I get an overall finished idea.

Idea 2
My second idea is the classic 'lost and found' type of story in which someone loses a balloon and spends the entire animation trying to look for it and then eventually finds what he is looking for. This second idea definitely has some potential and could cleverly be incorporated into someone elses animation and make use of the red start/end transition that we have to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment