Wednesday 11 June 2014

WC3 Validator & Accessibility Test

WC3 Validator Test


Finally as I finished the website it was time to run it through the WC3 Validator to ensure that all my of elements and code is working correctly and as intended, here are the results:

I ran the test first time and only had two errors, these errors are not necessarily errors as they are anchors that go to a specific div, the validator sees this as two tags that shouldn't be inside each other however this is necessary when I am linking from a scroll hint to further down the page. I decided to not change the code to have an 'error' free result as it was needed to have the required effect on my website.



Accessibility Test
This test is evidence that I have provided the required changes for people with other additional needs and people on other platforms.

In terms of universal accessibility on my website I have every area covered, I have none of the following: same background/text colours, no text that is actually an image.

And I made sure I have the following:

High contrast between text and background
Example:

















Alt and title tags on all 'img srcs' images
Example:


And there is no use of tables anywhere in the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment